一旦你迟交30天以上的健康保险费，your health plan will place incoming claims on"悬而未决的“状态。而不是处理和支付这些索赔，当保险公司等着看你是否能赶上你的保费支付时，他们被搁置了。If you don't catch up,如果你迟到超过90天，你的健康保险将被取消。The cancellation will be retroactive to the time you became 31 days late.
在您延迟支付保费的31至90天内，您获得的医疗保健索赔将是否认and the health care供应商希望你能付他们钱。由于您的健康保险取消追溯到您延迟31天的日期，you'll no longer be eligible for the discount your former health plan negotiated with yourin-network供应商。In effect,you wereuninsured当你得到照顾的时候。Your bill could be significantly higher without the网络折扣.
如果你认为这可能发生在你身上，the worst thing you can do is nothing.Be proactive.Go to your health care provider before your health insurance is terminated on day 91 and negotiate a deal.许多供应商向托收机构发送逾期账户，因此，不采取行动可能会影响你的信用评分，并使未来更难获得信用。
When you approach your provider about the unpaid bill,坦诚面对你的处境。许多医疗保健提供者会协商支付计划，因为他们宁愿支付缓慢，也不愿不支付。Negotiating a payment plan may keep your bill out of the hands of a collection agency.如果你接受了医院等大型机构的护理，ask about the availability of a self-pay discount or charity care.
如果您连续3个月以上没有投保，你欠一个税收惩罚当你明年申报所得税时。The penalty is based on your income and is computed on a monthly basis;you'll be penalized for the months you didn't have health insurance coverage for at least one day.
Losing your health insurance because you didn't pay your premiums doesn't qualify you for aspecial enrollment periodon the health insurance exchange.在下一个年度之前，你将无法再次签署奥巴马医改计划。公开登记期.Here are some other options for health insurance coverage in the meantime.
- Job-based health insurance (initial enrollment period).如果你找到一份提供健康保险的工作，您可以在开始工作后不久设置的初始注册期间注册。同样地，如果你的配偶得到一份提供配偶或家庭健康保险的工作，you'll have the opportunity to sign up for coverage under his or her new job-based health insurance shortly after the start of employment.如果你25岁以下，你父母中的一个开始了一份提供家庭健康保险福利的新工作，你可以得到保险直到26岁根据你父母的新工作计划。
- Job-based coverage (special enrollment period).如果您的家庭状况或其他符合条件的活动发生变化，即使您过去拒绝了健康保险，您也可能有资格享受自己或配偶现有的基于工作的健康保险计划的特殊注册期。然而，因为你没付保险费而失去奥巴马医改保险not使您有资格获得特殊的注册期。Things like getting married or divorced,生孩子，or adopting a child will likely qualify you.请您的员工福利办公室获取所有符合条件的活动的综合列表。
- 医疗保险.如果你快65岁了，,医疗保险may come to your rescue.如果你，your spouse,or a former spouse has paid into the Medicare system through payroll or self-employment taxes for enough years to qualify,you'll be eligible for Medicare when you turn 65 years old.
- 短期健康保险。任何人都可以买short-term health insurancedirectly from a health insurance company or through an insurance agent.There is no open enrollment period;you may buy at any time.然而，short-term health insurance won't help you avoid the penalty for being uninsured.也，短期健康保险公司可以使用承保，并可能采取预先存在的条件，你的年龄，在设定保险费率时，您的信用评分和其他考虑因素。
- 健康保险交易所的特别登记.While losing your Obamacare plan because you didn't pay your premiums won't trigger a special enrollment period on your health insurance exchange,其他的生活可能会改变。如果你的生活发生了重大变化，比如家庭规模的变化，移动，或者你的收入水平发生了巨大的变化，check with your health insurance exchange to see if you're qualified for a special enrollment period.Special enrollment periods are time-limited,所以不要等待。
- Next year's open enrollment period.每年秋天,Affordable Care Act health insurance exchanges have an open enrollment period.You can't be turned down because you failed to pay your health insurance premiums in the past.You won't have to pay back the premiums you were in arrears on,even if you enroll with the exact same health plan again.